Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Disneyland 50: Part 1 of 3


I was looking through Disneyland's official website and realized that there are 50 attractions at Disneyland, which got me thinking: which attractions are the best? So, I took it upon myself to rank each present day Disneyland attraction starting from 50 all the way to number 1. The attractions on this list are taken from the official Disneyland website under the description "attractions". That means shows and parades will not be on this list. My ranking is based on one thing: my personal enjoyment of each attraction. The less I enjoy an attraction, the higher (which isn't a good thing) on my list it will be. It's that simple. So, without further ado, here is part 1 of 3 of My Disneyland 50:

50) Chip 'N Dale Treehouse
I do not even know why this is called an attraction at Disneyland. Even when the slide and ball pit was there, it was still terrible. It is too bad to because I love Chip 'N Dale. 

Can't believe Chip 'N Dale Treehouse is an "attraction". 
Copyright- Disney
49) Frontierland Shootin' Explosion
Just a plain old shooting gallery. I have only paid once to play. Never done it since.

48) Goofy's Playhouse
It was fun to watch all the kids go crazy when it was a bouncy house but not it is just a lame walkthorugh.

47) Minnie's House
Just another ToonTown walkthrough. There are times when Minnie is there and you can take pictures with her which is cool.                            

Starcade was my go-to-spot when I was in high school .
Copyright-Disney

46) Starcade
This use to be my number spot to go to when I was in my teens. But now the arcade games are too overpriced and more Marvel merch has made its ways into the arcade. I give it 2 more years before there is more Marvel merch than arcade games.

45) Astro Orbiter
Been on this attraction twice. Once when it opened up and the other before I moved to Seattle. Not very exciting but still fun.

44) The Disney Gallery
The gallery has been hosting many interesting exhibits the past couple of years, and I always find myself exploring the gallery whenever I take a trip to Disneyland.

43) Donald's Boat
One of my favorite Disney characters and it's his boat. What more do you want?

Adding Marvel characters can't save this dying attraction.
  Copyright- Disney
42) Innoventions
I haven't been in since they changed it into Marvel central, but I will always have a soft-spot for this attraction.

41) Gadget's Go Coaster
The shortest ride in the world with the longest wait time. It's a must ride though if the line is really short.

40) Mickey's House and Meet Mickey
You get to meet Mickey and explore this crazy house. My second favorite place in TownTown.

39) Finding Nemo Submarine Ride
The submariners were created in a time when being 6 feet tall was really rare. Now people, especially men, are 6 feet tall all over the place. Even though this attraction is really uncomfortable for me, I still enjoy it, and it's based on one of the best Pixar movies.

38) King Author Carousel
 I have only been on this attraction a handful of times but every time I'm on it, I always transform into my 6 year old self again.
Doesn't happy how old you are, this is still a fun attraction. 
Copyright- Disney

37) Main Street Cinema
One of my favorite places to go to to take a break from the wild crowds.

36) Tarzan's Treehouse
I hate what Disney did with the Tarzan overlay but it's one of the best walkthroughs. You even get an amazing view of park while you're at the very top.

35) Autopia
Since I've been old enough to drive, this attraction hasn't really appealed to me anymore. It still can be really fun to go on with a huge group of friends. 

If the guns on this attraction worked, this would be much better ride.
  
Copyright- Disney 
34) Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster
A few years ago, this attraction would have made it to my top 20 but today, it's a terrible maintained attraction. Every time I go on, my gun doesn't work correctly. This ride is over due for a refurbishment, but I love the Buzz Lightyear theming and the music.

33) Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthorugh
This is one walkthrough I'm such a sucker for. It tells the entire story of Sleeping Beauty and it does it amazingly.

32) Big Thunder Ranch
This would be closer to the 50 mark if it hasn't been for all the events that have been going on in Big Thunder Ranch recently. Disney has finally started to make use of this space, and they are going a great job of it. 
It's like being a child all over again.
Copyright- Disney

31) Dumbo Flying Elephants
This use to be one of my favorite attractions as a kid. The wait is horrible but there is something about this ride that gets to me every time. 

30) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
It's terribly short but I love all of the music and animatronics in this attraction. Disney did a really great job here.

Stay tune for part 2 for My Disneyland 50 where I'll be ranking attractions from #29-#11. 





No comments:

Post a Comment